At North Kitsap High School (NKHS), we invite students to broaden their perspectives through our World Languages courses. Studying a world language equips students with valuable listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in the language of their choice.
Embracing a world language is a transformative journey, opening doors to understanding diverse cultures and enhancing career opportunities. To ensure success, regular practice is essential.
To meet the admission criteria for four-year colleges in Washington, students must earn at least 2 credits in the same language. We advise students to check with their chosen colleges for any specific requirements.
To thrive in our World Languages courses, we highly recommend that students first achieve a "C" grade or better in a Grade Level English class. Similarly, we encourage students to earn a "C" grade or better in their current language class before advancing to the next level.
Join our World Languages courses at NKHS and enrich your learning experience with global insights!
- Policy 2402 - English Language Arts Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2402P - English Language Arts Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2403 - Math Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2403P - Math Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2404 - Science Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2404P - Science Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2405 - Social Studies Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2405P - Social Studies Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2406 - The Arts Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2407 - Health and Physical Education Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2408 - Integrated Environmental and Sustainability Education Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2409 - World Language Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2409P - World Language Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2410 - High School Graduation Requirements
- Procedure 2410P - High School Graduation Requirements
- Policy 2411 - Certificate of Educational Competency
- Policy 2412 - Diplomas for Veterans
- Policy 2413 - Equivalency Credit Opportunities
- Policy 2414 - Community Service
- Policy 2418 - Waiver of High School Graduation Credits