North Kitsap High School (NKHS) values music as a means of learning, self-expression, and community building. It provides a variety of music courses to accommodate students with diverse interests and skill levels. Whether a student is a beginner exploring music for the first time or an advanced learner honing their talents, all are welcomed in an inclusive environment, as long as they share a passion for music.
The school's music program includes Band, Choir, and Orchestra courses, accessible to students of all abilities. Additionally, band and choir students are required to purchase an ASB (Associated Student Body) card, which offers access to a range of activities and services, playing a crucial role in student life at NKHS.
NKHS also presents an opportunity for music students to satisfy part of their Physical Education (PE) graduation requirement uniquely. They can waive 0.5 credit of the 1.5 PE graduation requirement by either participating in two seasons of Marching Band or completing two school sport seasons in good standing. Please note that the maximum waiver is 0.5 credits, and students can obtain waiver forms from the Counseling Office.
- Policy 2402 - English Language Arts Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2402P - English Language Arts Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2403 - Math Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2403P - Math Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2404 - Science Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2404P - Science Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2405 - Social Studies Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2405P - Social Studies Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2406 - The Arts Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2407 - Health and Physical Education Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2408 - Integrated Environmental and Sustainability Education Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2409 - World Language Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2409P - World Language Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2410 - High School Graduation Requirements
- Procedure 2410P - High School Graduation Requirements
- Policy 2411 - Certificate of Educational Competency
- Policy 2412 - Diplomas for Veterans
- Policy 2413 - Equivalency Credit Opportunities
- Policy 2414 - Community Service
- Policy 2418 - Waiver of High School Graduation Credits